Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Hidden Paintings of Shirley A. Mason (a.k.a. Sybil)

In researching sites to include in the Midnight Postings for the Abnormal Psychology Unit, I came across a posting entitled "The Hidden Paintings of Shirley A. Mason - Sybil" at http://www.hiddenpaintings.com/. The site includes 24 paintings from Mason which, according to the website, were done prior to meeting Dr. Wilbur as well as during her therapy years.

As with anything on the Internet, I was a bit skeptical when I first discovered the website and its format didn't help my skepticism. There is previous little explaining the authenticity of the paintings and the address to order prints appears to be a residential house outside of Miami, FL. While I seriously question why someone would go through all the effort to present such a hoax, I still haven't been convinced. If anyone has further knowledge on this website, please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment